Thursday 28 May 2015

Comic Con London 2015

For my friends birthday, we went to MCM Comic Con in London on Sunday. If you didn't know, it's basically a massive convention for all things comic, cartoon and anime. There's one giant hall filled with loads and loads of stalls of merchandise and Japanese food you can buy. I didn't really know what to expect so for all you fellow newbies out there, this is for you ;)
Things to look out for:
-There are a lot of people in cosplay (dressed up) so bring a camera or phone with you which will take good quality photos fast so you don't annoy them. You'll want to look back at these photos later and not see a grimace or have it unfocused or blurry. 
-There's also a section near the back where you can get autographs of or photos with the creators or writers of a few of your favourite comics. If you want to go here, be prepared to wait at least half an hour in each queue. 
-When we went it was miserable weather and was raining outside so, naturally, I put on a hoodie and some jeans. Don't. With so many people inside and so much walking to do, it gets very hot very fast. Luckily, they were giving out free fans and I didn't have a top on underneath my hoodie so I survived, just about. If you're going to cosplay, don't get so carried away by the costume that you sacrifice not boiling away.

What I got:
I didn't bring much money as I wasn't sure how much stuff I would want to buy. It turns out there was a lot and most of it was overpriced! I bought 4 small, cute badges at roughly £1 each because there were so many badge stalls tempting me a Robin comic (book 2) for only 50p! If I ever go again, which I'd like to, I'd definitely bring more money!

Most of the stalls are also very kawaii, lots of cute, pink Japanese stuff with girls in pastel ponytails serving you. There are a lot of stalls selling Japanese sweets which you've probably never heard of but all of which look delicious! You can get loads of merchandise for all the comics and cartoons, etc., like T-shirts, badges or posters. A lot of the kawaii trends are also sold, like plush toys of seals, unicorns or rainbow llamas (?!), so be prepared to fall madly in love with all the cuteness!

I had so much fun last Sunday and I'm seriously thinking about going again in October when it's back in London! It's a shame I didn't get to go to BeautyCon and that I'll probably never go to VidCon either, but this was still a completely new experience. Sorry for the lack of posts but I promise I have a load planned for the summer!

Byeeeeeee! Natalie xx
P.S Sorry for the Retrica watermark and the bad-ish quality photos - I had to take them on my friend's phone in a rush! 

No comments:

Post a Comment