Tuesday 30 June 2015

June Favourites

I know I say this every favourites but HOW is it almost July - that's halfway through the year already! I have quite an odd selection of favourites this time so let's get started!

Hay Day & Quizup
My first two are both apps and, to be more specific, games. I actually downloaded these a while ago but I never really became addicted to them, like I have now! I just find myself constantly checking my farm or playing random quizzes (a double z?!) now - it's a serious problem.



Ingrid's coming out video
First of all, I am so unbelievably proud of Ingrid for being so brave and true to herself. It takes a lot of guts to tell the whole internet that, let alone close family and friends, but she did it. The video was raw and authentic and it really touched me that she finally felt confident enough to share with us what she had been scared of for most of her life.

Lana del Rey
If you know me personally, you will know that Lana Del Rey has literally been the only thing that I have been singing lately.
I adore the whole of her Born To Die album and I can't wait for her new single Honeymoon to come out! Most of her songs seem quite depressing at first, but her voice and the lyrics are just so elegant and chilling... argh she's just my QUEEN. (along with Taylor of course)

My polaroid camera (eeeeeeeek!!)
You might remember this post, where I basically just ranted on about my love for polaroids. Well... I GOT A POLAROID CAMERA!! About 2 weeks ago, I just suddenly decided to go ahead and order one, after having wanted one for forever. It came earlier than expected (within 2 or 3 days) and it is GORGEOUS. I got the white one (Fujifilm Instax Mini 8) as it's timeless and simple and my friends have kindly named it ZoĆ«. I haven't taken many polaroids yet but I love everything single one I have. (TIP: buy it on Amazon, this link here, as it's SO much cheaper than at Urban Outfitters, it's definitely worth the £70!)





(Four photos of the same thing?! You can really see how much I love it, can't you?)
Dungarees (even though I don't have any)
I actually don't have dungarees. I wish I did but I doubt they'd suit me anyway :( So why are these on my favourites if I don't even own my own pair? Basically, because I've seen quite a few of these so far this summer and I think they just look so cute and adorable! I have got my eye on a few but I don't know if I'll be allowed to buy one (I have enough clothes as it is!). I've found Topshop's dungarees particularly nice, like these two:


Topshop denim dungarees: 1 / 2

Tanya Burr
Tanya's definitely been my favourite Youtuber this month, her personality is really bubbly and uplifting so she always cheers me up! I think she's beautiful, I love her book (see my review on it here) and seeing as she just moved house, I'm hoping for some homeware hauls!

Lemonade
I wasn't sure if I should include this in this post or not, as I'm pretty sure my obsession with it will grow as it gets hotter and hotter. As much as I love Coke or Fanta, they always seem way too sugary for me to finish an entire can to myself. This lemonade (the Sanpellegrino Limonata), however, I can finish - it's not too sweet and it's very refreshing. Obviously having fizzy drinks everyday is terrible for your health so sometimes, I'll make my own with a bit of boiling water, lemon juice and sugar. I have to admit, it's not as nice if it's not fizzy, but pop it in the freezer for a few minutes and it's perfect!



Colouring book
You might think, at first glance, that this is quite a weird thing to have on my favourites, I mean I'm not 4 after all! But, surprise, surprise, it's not really. Colouring books have made a massive comeback recently, with adults of all people. The patterns are really intricate so they're supposedly therapeutic and relaxing. I decided to try one out and I bought Animal Kingdom by Millie Marotta. I haven't actually finished one image but I've started painting one and colouring another. It's sooooo beautiful!

 So that was it for my June favourites, can you believe we're already halfway through 2015? It's like the further on we are in the year, the faster time goes! Follow me on Bloglovin' if you liked this post and I'll see you soon!
 
Natalie xx

4 comments:

  1. Love this!! Quizup is awesomee,as is Lana Del Rey!! Love her,andd dungarees are just incredible ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like we're the same person, haha!! And thanks for reading too! xx

      Delete
    2. Maybe we are.. ;P XD no worries!! xxx

      Delete
  2. excuuuuse me but if i remember correctly i was the ONE who came up with that amazing tumbleresque( courtesy of tanzy bae) name... i should get full credit for this.
    -4

    ReplyDelete