Sunday 2 August 2015

Holiday Essentials

As you're reading this, I'll be on my holidaaayyyyy (eek the excitement as I'm writing this is unreal) and right now, I'm busy packing so I thought I'd share with you a few of my holiday essentials.



Books:
I love books and reading but in reality, holidays are usually the only time I actually have the time to. I try to pack as much reading in as possible so this year I'm taking two reading books along with having the Wattpad app on my phone and my Wreck This Journal. (I'm taking Us by David Nicholls and All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven)




The perfect orange nail polish:
I've been searching for the perfect orange nail polish for forever because a neon shade really complements any tan you have. I know that Model's Own has released a new summer range with a neon orange in but I haven't managed to pick it up yet - for now, I'm settling for this neon coral polish from Essie (Tart Deco), even though it's just a bit too much on the pink side.


A moisturiser:
Moisturising your legs when you have a tan is always important, it helps to get rid of dead skin cells and makes the others healthier, so that they live longer. I've really been loving the Body Shop's Fuji Green Tea body butter lately because the smell is so light and refreshing - it wouldn't clash with any perfumes if you wore them at the same time. I actually bought it about a month ago and since, I've barely made a dent in it so it should last a really long time!

Suncream (blue lizard) + SPF cream:
Sun protection is so important, you only have this skin for your entire life, and it's just so easy to forget when you're having fun in the pool. I use a suncream from an Australian company called Blue Lizard and it honestly works so well. There are also mists for those hard to reach places and those are cheap and easily available! In the morning, I've gotten into the habit of putting on Simple's SPF face moisturiser instead of my usual one, just for extra protection. An after sun is important too - I know Nivea has a few good ones.


Music playlist:
What is a holiday without any type of music to listen to on your journey there? I've made my own playlist on Spotify with a few of my favourite summer songs but Spotify have also got a few pre-made playlists which I've just been playing on repeat for days. If you don't have Spotify, just add a few of your favourite songs to your phone or iPod and you're good to go!

Dry deodorant:
Last year, while we were doing the travelling bit, my roll-on deodorant completely messed up. This might be a bit TMI but the goop (what other word is there for it?!) was all over the lid and it was just a nightmare. Although I prefer using roll-ons, this year I've bought a dry one from Dove solely for the holiday.

Clothes:
Clothes are obviously always a necessity and the summery ones I bought at New Look (haul here) are perfect for a holiday!

Cameras:
I love taking photos to capture moments and it's just so cool looking back at them when you get back from your holiday. I'm going to Norway which is a really photogenic place, so I know I'll be snapping away on my digital camera nonstop. The photos I take on my polaroid camera will be a bit more precious but I'll hang them up everywhere when I get back.

What's the one thing you need to include when you're packing? Let me know in the comments below and I'll see you soon!
Natalie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment