Wednesday 4 February 2015

LISTEN WATCH DRINK

This month has mainly been about gettinga into my new routine, with all the changes my New Year's Resolutions brought but I've still made time to listen, watch and drink. (#titlereference)

LISTEN - I'm sure you've heard at least 1 person obsessing over Taylor Swift's 1989 and that's because it's just sooo good! Even if Taylor Swift's old music wasn't your cup of tea or you don't like her personality, just listen to it! It's completely different than her old music, it has a kind of 1980's-pop inspired vibe and I swear if every song was released as a single, they'd all be #1. (And if you're basing your opinion on Shake It Off, don't. It's probably one of the least good songs on the album, no offence Tay-tay.) My favourite songs would have to Wildest Dreams and I Know Places

WATCH - My TV watching habits haven't really changed that much (just constant reruns of Friends) but I've definitely been watching new types of youtube videos. For some reason, I've just really been digging vlogs - I just think they're so down to earth and relaxed. I've been watching Alfie's daily ones, Gabby's weekly ones and even Zoƫ's old ones but I've especially been loving Louis' ones. He's currently in New Zealand I think? and now I can't wait till I have the money to travel!

DRINK - As the snow began to fall a few nights back, I set the milk to boil for the best hot chocolate I have ever had. Although I've bought a lot of hot drinks at places like Starbucks lately, nothing has quite beat drinking homemade hot chocolate while cuddled up in a nice, cozy blanket.
What you'll need (for 1 mug): 2 teaspoons cocoa powder, 3 teaspoons sugar and an assortment of spices
1. Measure out the milk and set to boil
2. While you do this, mix the cocoa powder, sugar and a tiny bit of milk together. Keep adding the milk until there aren't any lumps left.
3. This bit is down to personal preference but add in about 1/2 a teaspoon of mixed spice or cloves.
4. Taste and adapt it according to preference and then add the boiled milk, stirring as you do.

(I know this may seem like a bit of a random first post so go check out my All About Me page.)

Natalie
Xx