Sunday 22 March 2015

Fitness Inspiration

It's officially Spring - whoo! Now that the sun should make an appearance more often, I've found myself planning so many things and feeling super inspired. One of the main things I've really been into is fitness - yoga, healthier breakfasts and jogging. I do quite a lot of sports at school and I enjoy them, but when the fitness block comes on, I find myself suddenly dreading PE lessons. For a while I'd had an issue with my stamina, after a bit of intense running my breathing would mess up and I'd start being physically sick. Luckily, I'm working on that and it's actually improving but I'd still rather use "softer" ways to improve my fitness instead.

YOGA
I am definitely the least flexible person in the world and I've started having problems with figure-skating because of it. I started off with a daily set of stretches, just a few to start with and then gradually adding more and more. After a few days, I really started to notice a difference in how tight my muscles felt and I'm so close to touching my toes! (That might sound lame but it's a major achievement for me)
I've now started looking into doing yoga maybe once a week as yoga's great for your flexibility but it's also good at reducing stress levels and letting you spend time to yourself.




BREAKFAST
I'm really not a morning person (it takes me about half an hour to get off my phone and out of bed) and also probably the pickiest breakfast-eater ever. If I find something I like to eat, I will stick to eating it for ages but it's almost always something unhealthy (a slice of toast slathered in Nutella, a big English breakfast, you get the drift). Obviously that isn't the best food choice, and seeing as all you ever get told about healthy eating is that breakfast is the most important and most energising meal you can have, I realised I needed to find a few alternatives.
My favourite breakfast at the moment is muesli with a few dried fruits, nuts and seeds. Nuts and seeds store loads of energy and give it a really nice crunch and the dried fruit just give it an extra burst of energy.




PRETTINESS
Me being me, I just couldn't cope with maybe having a boring coloured yoga mat or anything, so I made a Pinterest board to inspire me. If, like me, you're motivated to get a bit fitter during the summer, go check it out here.

A few things I've got my eye on:
-Adidas trainers

-Anthropologie bowl (does this count?)


-The video I used for my stretches:
-My favourite healthy food blog:
Deliciously Ella


So that was it for this post! Let me know in the comments if you liked it and don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' to never miss a post!
Natalie xx

1 comment:

  1. I've just started doing some yoga every now and again in the morning. It helps me to start the day in a better mood as well as helping with flexibility.

    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete