Thursday 5 March 2015

Love, Tanya | The Bookshelf #1

As many of you might know, Tanya Burr, a beauty Youtuber, released a book called Love, Tanya which is a mixture of beauty and fashion advice, baking, confidence and anxiety and an autobiography.

I pre-ordered it but had only just gotten round to reading it. Personally, I love the fact that Youtubers can accomplish so much from this one platform. I mean if you think about beauty gurus, there's Zoƫ with her beauty range and bestseller book, Michelle with her book, Bethany with her clothing and home line and then Tanya with this bestseller book - to name but a few. It's exciting and amazing and if they put their popularity to good use, they can really get the right message across to thousands more people.
But more about the book (that's what you're here for right?). The book itself looks amazing, it's a gorgeous hardback with some really nice glossy pictures of her on the front. It's a mixture of an autobiography, advice (from beauty and fashion to more serious topics like anxiety) and baking. Although, the beauty sections didn't really anything completely new to me, it's great for anyone completely new to makeup and helped to remind me of a few things I always forget.

The autobiographical bit, which was at the very start, was split into two chapters and they were quite detailed so by the end you really felt as if she was just a friend talking to you.

Throughout the book were small scrapbook-style 'do it yourself' sections where you could make a list (of people you admire, favourite recipes, etc.). Personally, I don't think I would actually do all of these; for fear of ruining the beautiful layout but also because I just couldn't ever think of anything.

My favourite chapter would probably be the baking chapter but it could equally be the confidence bit - there really are a few golden gems hidden in this book! If you can't decide whether to buy this or not, I'd say go for it! It covers so many topics that there's something for everyone and it really is a good buy.

Here are just a few photos of my favourite parts!


This month I'll be reading The Goldfinch by Donna Tart. It's a long 'un but we'll be able to finish it in time! What did you think of Love, Tanya? Tell me in the comments!
Natalie xx 

1 comment: