Wednesday 18 March 2015

Polaroids

Hello there chums,
If you follow my Instagram (aztecnini), you'll know I have a bit of a thing with polaroid pictures. In fact, I've had one for a while but there was just never physical proof of my obsession. Recently, my friend came round my house, polaroid camera in tow, and there are no words to describe how excited I got. No words at all. I mean, I was running around with the camera in my hands, almost dropping it on the stairs and I just couldn't stop talking!
How they look up on the wall
Only a few of the photos we took turned out good enough for my high standards (*adjusts diamond tiara on royal head*) but of those that did, they were just so different to the ones I'd usually take on my phone or camera! I think because of how vintage and hipster they will automatically look in the whole polaroid layout, I wanted to take more in-the-moment, bad-lighting, laughing-at-how-stupid-we-looked photos and I'm glad I did.
The only thing that really annoys me about my love for polaroids is the price. An Instax Mini 8 camera (which is available in any of these cute pastel colours above) costs around £90, depending on what one you pick on Amazon. The company that makes these, Fujifilm, also has a polaroid-printer, which, when connected to your phone or computer, can print out any photo you pick in polaroid-format. This costs a whole wallet-murdering £129 and then there are the actual films you need - £14.45 for 20, but I think that overall it's worth the money you pay.
I'm still debating which one to ask for/buy but I'm sure I'll make a decision soon. I'm leaning towards the polaroid camera purely for its cuteness; which one do you think I should get?
 Natalie xx

 (I'm also going to start uploading on a schedule, every Sunday, so the upload dates won't be as random as they are now)

No comments:

Post a Comment