Sunday 26 July 2015

3 Healthy & Easy Summer Snacks | FitFatFashion Collab

Hey guys! So this is a very special post for me because it's my first ever collab! I'm just so excited that this blog has managed to grow enough for this to be possible and I couldn't think of a better blog than FitFatFashion to collab with. If you hadn't already heard of it, FitFatFashion is a blog written by 3 equally kind and adorable girls, Anna, Hannah and Tabitha. As you can probably guess by their name, they focus mainly on fitness, fashion and beauty. They also did a post on this so if you want to check them, and their post, out, click here.

Anyway, on to the food, my favourite part! I always find that in the summer I'm always super motivated to eat a bit more healthily as more fruit are in season and it's often too hot to eat chocolate. The only thing is, when it's the summer holidays and I can technically sleep till noon every single day, I just can't be bothered to spend half an hour making a tiny snack that I'll probably have devoured in 2 seconds. (ain't nobody got time for that) These next few ideas all take no time to prepare and are delicious as well!

1. Lemonade
As I said in my June favourites, I have been loving lemonade recently, so I just had to put it in here. Most of the quantities are all down to preference but it's handy to have a rough guideline anyway:
 -A glass of boiling water (just boil some water and pour it in)
-Two teaspoons of sugar
-A whole lemon's juice
Mix the sugar and water first until the sugar has dissolved, and then pour in the lemon juice! Refrigerate and ta daa, you're already done!

If you want to try something new, try adding some lavender at the end or grapefruit and orange juice instead of lemon juice.

 
2. Cucumber & Mint Water
This is by far the easiest to make, possibly ever, and is amazingly refreshing too! All you need is a jug of water and some mint and a few slices of cucumber!
-Pour a large jug of ice cold water
-Wash a handful of mint leaves and cucumber slices
-Pop them all into the jug
-Done! Just let it rest for a bit so that the water can absorb all the flavour, pour yourself a glass and enjoy!


3. Fruit Ice Lolly
Although these do need to freeze overnight, the actual preparation takes max 10 minutes and they're definitely worth the wait! 


-You'll need 2 ripe bananas, some greek yoghurt and 1 teaspoon of honey
-Mix them all together in a blender or by hand until it's completely smooth
-Pour these into some ice lolly moulds, pop them into the freezer and leave them in overnight!
-This step is optional but melt about 40g of chocolate either in a microwave or on top of a pan of boiling water. Take your lollies out of their moulds by running them under some hot water for a couple of seconds and dip the tips of them in.
-Place them on the baking tray covered in baking paper and let the chocolate set in the freezer for 10 mins. Take them out and you're good to go! These look super cool and are really healthy at the same time! (Go for dark chocolate rather than milk to be extra good!)


If you're after an even more Pinteresty ice lolly, crush different fruit  (kiwi, banana, mango) into a pulp like consistency. Layer them so that you create an ombre effect and put them in the freezer. These take slightly more effort but look Pinterest af when they're done!

  

If you make any of these, tag me on Instagram or Twitter, I'd love to see your recreations!
Natalie xx

PS. If you have a similar sized blog to this one and you're interesting in collab-ing with me, just email me at contactnini.nb@gmail.com. I'm always interested in getting to know more people and making new friends, so I'm sure we'd be able to work something out! I don't mind what type of collab you want to do (guest post on each other's blog, interview, our own themed posts, etc.) and I'm usually quite open to dates.

2 comments:

  1. Loveee this post gal!! Such cool ideas and I will definitely be tryin them out! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I loved writing for thsi collab! These all look so nice, especially the fruit ice pops, I'll have to make them sometime!! X

    ReplyDelete